ADP Classic Racing restores a wonderful Ferrari 365 GT 2+2…
ADP Classic Racing were thrilled to be presented with an amazing Ferrari 365 GT2 + 2 to not only restore but to sympathetically upgrade. A dream restoration project for the engineering wizards at ADP Classic Racing and one that sits well with their premium capabilities.
First presented at the 1967 Paris Motor Show, the Ferrari 365 GT 2+2 represented a subtle evolution in form, when compared to its predecessor the 500 Superfast. The true magic happened on the inside, where interior advancements made this model the first Ferrari to feature power steering and air-conditioning, in addition to a roomy luggage compartment and two rear seats.
A restoration project and more…
When it was rolled into the ADP Classic Racing workshop for an initial inspection, the consensus was that it didn’t need too much attention. As they dug into the car, ADP Classic Racing soon found lots of metalwork and body issues.
The client wanted to see their exceptionally beautiful 365 GT 2+2 fully restored, but with some intriguing caveats. As well as a full concourse level restoration the customer had their eye set on a number of sympathetic upgrades, including subtle tweaks to the aesthetic design in some cases, while still retaining the look and feel of a Ferrari.
Take a look through our selection of Ferrari GT 365 2+2 images, showing the car in all its glory.
Elements of the project…
Concourse level restoration:
- Full bare metal preparation removing all paint, grease and oils.
- Media blasted on a rotisserie.
- Refurbishment of metalwork.
- Full paintwork throughout.
Bespoke exterior items:
- New rear bumpers, front bumpers, rear lights, new front lights, integral side lights, indicators.
- Redesigned new front lights, integral side lights and indicators, in the style of the preceding model (500 Superfast).
- Added front headlamp covers, with a Lotus-like perspex and an optional extra from Ferrari, as well as creating bespoke ones specified without chrome framing.
Complete bespoke interior:
- Alcantara headlining.
- Special leather for the seats, sourced from RUF Automobile, world-renowned manufacturer and Porsche tuner. Client previewed a car in their showroom and fell in love with the leather.
- Vinyl dashboard updated to matte leather.
- Re-veneered wood, aligning the grain.
- Wilton carpets, deep pile.
- Bespoke modern sound system with a Becker, with modern connectivity, vintage-looking stereo.
- Columbo V12
The vehicle was a bit worse for wear than was initially assumed, which proves the old adage about books, covers, and first impressions.
The client had a very clear idea of what they wanted from the restoration, and it was up to the brilliant designer and engineers at ADP Classic Racing to make it happen. A lot of time went into careful research, design, prototyping and liaising with the client to produce a whole suite of parts, all sympathetic and subtle.
The client was thrilled. ADP Classic Racing were proud to have delivered such a prestigious vehicle not only ready for the lawn but ready for the modern driver. It was no doubt hard to see her go, but at least we’ll always have the pictures.
Looking for restoration work?
Are you interested in receiving concourse-level restoration for your beloved, high-value classic vehicle?