- Le Mans – Helping a valued client attain their dream of competing at Le Mans, where they won at the LeMans Classic!. That was an incredible event!
- F1 – Bringing back to life a wonderful, and loud, 70’s F1 car.
- Aston Martin restored to former glory – DB5 Full restoration and repaint of a classic Aston Martin DB5 correcting previous repairs bringing the car to concours preparation.
… and much more.
One of the highlights, early in the summer, was the Mille Miglia. The world’s most famous road race.
We love the Mille. The mixture of heritage cars, models that you know have participated in the golden competitive years of the Mille, wonderful Italian locations, the variety of out-of-town stretches through vineyards and modern cities with ancient medieval settings of renown, wonderful food, the hard work of supporting cars (after having taken them through a winter rebuild and thorough event preparation).
And the camaraderie as a team working closely with clients to ensure they have the right mechanical package to endure the 1000+ miles, and to do so at speed when needed, and the right concierge support to make their Italian venture memorable and super enjoyable.
Cars and drivers
We were delighted to once again be working with valued clients, this year running a 1954 AC Ace and a 1951 Jaguar XK120.
The Ace has undergone a complete engine and chassis rebuild over the winter period. Squeezing 10% uplift in power from the engine and providing a dialled-in and planted feel ready for the Mille and an experienced driver-crew keen to perform well.
The XK underwent a full ADP Classic racing ‘Tour Preparation Package’ in preparation for a driver-crew new to the event.
Throughout the event ADP Classic Racing had crews on hand:
- A car support crew per car.
- Driver support to help with routes, and provided route planners, stages and administration.
- Concierge team to ensure that the driver crews were looked after during their stints and that all hotel, luggage, meal and refreshment needs were looked after.
- Back up recovering vehicle, in case of mechanical failure.
We were thrilled to see both cars pushed hard over the five days of the 1000-mile plus event. Checked every evening and presented to their drivers every morning, both cars performed extremely well without missing a beat.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Enter the world’s most prestigious motoring events with ADP Classic Racing
If your objective is to compete at Goodwood Revival, Monaco Historique or enter classic events at Silverstone, Le Mans, or Spa, or your dream is to participate in the Tour Auto, the Mille Miglia, or enter a national UK race meeting, ADP Classic Racing can help.
We are proud to offer engineering expertise to support your historic motorsport ambitions including; vehicle preparation, full restoration, driver support and training, event support, entry and logistics, covered transportation, storage, detailing and paint correction.
In addition to traditional race weekends and/or classic motorsport events, we also provide a host of services to both restore and maintain valuable historic classic vehicles and to support and prepare drivers for competitive and enjoyable running at world-renowned historic motorsport events.
Events which, in recent years, have included the Mille Miglia, Le Mans and Targa Florio.